wedding planning + design
There isn’t much I don’t do for my Wedding Planning clients. Each couple is unique, and so is each wedding, so our work together may include any or all of the following:
- Budget creation and management
- Venue recommendations, walk-throughs and contract review
- Vendor recommendations, communication and management prior to and on wedding day
- Event design, including guidance on florals, stationery and rentals
- Custom, comprehensive timeline creation down to the minute
- Guest management: assistance with seating, meals and more
- Full event inventory
- Lead the rehearsal (or co-lead with your officiant)
- 10 hours of event management
- Supervision of wedding day set-up and strike
Wedding Planning is a customized experience: the investment depends on the level of service, the scope of your wedding plans and more. For couples farther along in the process, planning starts at $3,500. For couples who need full-service planning, services start at $6,800.
“I wanted to find a wedding planner who would be able to take care of all the details for me while I’m in medical school. Alyssa has been so flexible with my situation and incredibly communicative.”
KARINA NAVARRO, bride
Our planning process
01. Getting To Know You — Through phone calls, coffee dates, vendor meetings and with lots and lots of questions, we’ll quickly get to know each other. We can’t tell your story through your wedding without this step in the process, and it’s my favorite part!
02. Planning & Tools — I’ll introduce you to your easy-to-use, digital wedding planning suite. There you’ll find all the checklists, templates, timelines and other resources you’ll ever need to plan a killer party. I’ll walk you through what to do, when, using this planning tool.
03. Event Design — I’ll use pointed questions and mood boards to design an aesthetic for your wedding. From there we can hire a florist, decide on invitations, rent decor, buy a dress and more of the fun stuff. On wedding day, it’ll be my job to bring your design aesthetic to life fused with my own nature-loving, minimalistic twist.
04. Wedding Day — It’s show time! Don’t worry about a thing on wedding day — I’ll have Plans A, B and C in my back pocket and will have gotten to know you so well, I won’t have to bother you with questions. My team and I will make sure your glass is never empty, your parents are treated like the VIPs that they are, and your DJ doesn’t sneak on that song from the no-play list.
05. Post-Wedding Recap — A few days after the wedding, I’ll pop into your inbox with an email roundup. I’ll remind you of what took place, and even provide an itemized list of who took your personal items home from the reception. Every last thing, down to the numbers of cards you received, will be in that email so you can have peace of mind knowing that the little details were attended to while you’re off honeymooning (or back at the office).
Are We Doing This or What?!
Let’s start getting to know each other. You bring the engagement stories and questions, I’ll bring the bubbly
and some insider wedding planning tips!
Meet The Planner
I’m Alyssa Glorioso, but I wouldn’t be surprised if you started calling me Coach Glo. I firmly believe that wedding planning is a team sport. As we work together for a year (or longer!) you’ll find I’m:
- Laid back, yet oh so on top of things. It’s one of the things my couples say they love most about me.
- Your advocate. I want what you want for your wedding day, no matter what your parents expect or tradition dictates.
- A creative problem solver. No wedding day issue is too big or too weird for me to handle.
- Captain of your dream team of wedding professionals, come wedding day.
- All about making things perfect, but I’m also super practical. I’ll be real with you when you pick out a venue that doesn’t match your design style, and I’ll remind you not to sweat the small stuff when you’ve spent four hours worrying about napkin folds.
- Your coach when it comes to getting married in a way that feels authentic and stress-free for you and your partner.
Get Your Questions Answered
You can hire a wedding planner at any point during the planning process, but the ideal time is right after your engagement. Many of the crucial wedding planning decisions are made then (things like what your budget is and what venue you’ll get married at) and it’s my job to help you make those tough early choices. The sooner you hire a wedding planner, the easier and more stress-free your wedding planning experience will be.
Not at all. I love working with destination wedding couples who choose to celebrate their love in the Nation’s Capital. I think you’ll find having a wedding planner is crucial when planning a destination wedding because I will have an innate understanding of Virginia, Maryland and Washington, DC that you may not.
Absolutely! I’d say about 60% of the couples who inquire with me have a multicultural aspect to their day. I think it’s extremely important to honor that because, as your wedding planner, my main focus is helping you create a wedding day that tells your story authentically. Your ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion and culture are a huge part of that story, and I’ll work closely with you to make sure they’re incorporated in the planning.
A Discovery Call is like a first date, minus the awkwardness. I want to hear your love story, what your dream is for your wedding day, your go-to cocktail, and so many more things about your life. You’ll get to ask me questions, too. We’ll talk through the wedding planning process I follow and the tools I use, and I’ll also tell you a bit about myself (I’m a cat mom, love yoga and have an aversion to cheese, for starters). There is absolutely no pressure to sign with me on the phone; instead, I’ll follow up with a proposal that reiterates what we talked about, and (fingers crossed!) you’ll sign and we can begin our work together.
as seen in